Arkansas Boat Owners Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
Is coverage required by law?
- Yes, Arkansas law requires motorboats with motors rated in excess of 50 hp and all personal watercraft to have a minimum of $50,000 of liability coverage per occurrence.
- State law also requires that any operator born on or after January 1, 1986 have Arkansas Game & Fish Commission Boater Education certification. You can learn about boating education by clicking here.
Are there any discounts available?
Yes, the following discounts are available:
- Boater Education Discount: discount available if the named insured has completed a boater education course.
- Multi-Boat Discount: discount that applies if 2 or more boats are insured for a member.
- Multi-Policy Discount: discount that applies if the insured also has a homeowner or auto policy.
Still have questions about Boat Owners insurance? Contact a Farm Bureau Insurance agent, and they can steer you in the right direction.
Our Boat Owners insurance policy is a product of Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Arkansas, Inc.