Homeowners Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect my homeowners insurance costs?
- Construction type (frame, brick, aluminum, etc.)
- Fire protection, construction materials, fire alarms and extinguishers, etc. Community and rural fire departments are classified by an independent rating bureau.
- Chosen coverages, limits, and deductibles
- Additional coverages such as Personal Property Replacement Cost or Increased Liability limits
- Applicable discounts such as New Home, Companion Policy, Occupation and Theft and Loss Control Measures
Is personal property covered under a homeowners policy?
Yes, homeowner policies provide personal property coverage with specific limits for certain items, such as jewelry, lawnmowers, guns, furs, tools, and computers. Many of these may be covered under an Inland Marine policy designed to cover these special items. Some personal property items are not covered by a homeowner policy, such as four wheelers and business property.
Got more questions?
Contact a Farm Bureau Insurance agent today to review your current insurance policy and learn more about how we can help you protect what you love.
Our Homeowners insurance is a product of Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Arkansas, Inc.