Auto Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of automobiles do you provide insurance for?
- Private Passenger Autos
- Pickup Trucks
- Farm Vehicles
- Light Business Vehicles
- Motor Homes and Camper Trailers
- Utility Trailers
- Recreational Vehicles (ATVs, 4-wheelers, golf carts, etc.)
- Pickup and Camper Shells
How can I reduce my auto insurance premiums?
- The type of car you have will affect your premiums. Your car’s year model, make and custom equipment may affect how often your car is stolen or vandalized, how great the property damage may be and how serious injuries may be expected. Sports and high performance cars are often difficult to insure and usually more expensive to insure. Choosing a conservative auto may reduce your premiums.
- Your driving record will affect your premiums. Traffic accidents and violations will increase the premiums charged for each driver on your policy. Keeping your driving record free of accidents or traffic violations will reduce your premiums.
- Browse our Auto Insurance Discounts to learn more about saving money on insurance.
What are some other factors that might affect my premiums?
- The age of your drivers affects your premiums. Since younger drivers tend to have more auto accidents, their premiums are generally higher.
- How your auto is used can affect your premiums. Autos used in business use will tend to be involved in more accidents, so their premiums will be higher. Farm vehicles tend to produce fewer claims so their premiums tend to be lower.
- Where your auto is stored and used will affect your premiums. Autos garaged and used in metropolitan areas tend to be involved in more accidents and claims, so generally their premiums are higher than for those in rural areas.
If you have more questions about our auto insurance coverages and discounts, please contact a Farm Bureau Insurance agent.
Our Auto insurance is a product of Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company.