Why You Need Inland Marine Insurance

Arkansans have busy lives, and they spend a lot of time traveling from home to work, school, games, worship, vacation, golfing, hunting camps, and more. And while they travel, they tend to carry a lot of essential “stuff” with them. Some of this “stuff” can be very expensive (not to mention difficult) to replace if it’s lost or stolen.

Should an unfortunate loss occur, do you know if your stuff is covered under your homeowner’s insurance policy? It may not be. That’s where Inland Marine Insurance from Farm Bureau Insurance comes in.

What is Inland Marine Insurance?

Inland marine insurance covers your property against loss or theft while it is being transported or stored on land, by you, or a third party. Below are just some of the main items covered under our policy:


  • Shotguns
  • Rifles
  • Handguns
  • Scopes
  • Cases


  • Rings including diamond rings and engagement rings
  • Necklaces
  • Bracelets
  • Brooches
  • Watches


  • Laptop computers
  • Tablets like iPad, Kindle, and Amazon Fire
  • Electronic watches

Sports Equipment

  • Camping equipment
  • Fishing rods, tackle, waders, etc.
  • Scuba and diving gear
  • Instruments
  • Bikes
  • Golf Clubs

Residential Equipment

  • Lawnmowers
  • Trimmers
  • Blowers

How Do I Know if Inland Marine is Right for Me?

If you want to be sure you’re fully covered, ask a Farm Bureau Insurance agent about inland marine insurance.

An agent can help you determine if the personal property or cargo you need to protect is covered under any of your other policies. If it isn’t, they would be happy to find the perfect policy for your specific needs.