UNDERWRITER TRAINEE – LITTLE ROCK
Underwriter Trainee – Little Rock
The Underwriter Trainee is an entry level underwriter position. While under direct management, will acquire knowledge, understanding and skillset surrounding all contract and underwriting guidelines. Learn to determine proper risk selection, policy classification/rating and develop an understanding of policy contracts.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities will require learning and working within the guidelines set forth by the Company and within the legal framework set forth by the Arkansas Insurance Department. Duties will include learning to determine proper risk selection, policy classification and rating, and developing an understanding and interpretation of policy contracts. The trainee must be willing to increase their job knowledge through participation and completion of designated insurance continuing education courses. Additional requirements will include occasional attendance at district meetings and other functions and duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Agriculture Business, Insurance or related field.
- Must possess proficiency in written/oral communications, basic mathematical skills and have excellent organizational skills. .
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Extensive PC experience.
- Typing skills of 40 wpm.
- Ability to assume additional responsibilities.
- Willing to become active in completing prescribed education courses.
- Agricultural and/or work experience is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Farm Bureau Insurance provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.