Insurance Products

Boat Owner

Stay safe on the water by meeting the legal requirements for boat insurance.

Find an Agent

Insurance for Arkansas Boat Owners

At Farm Bureau Insurance, our boat owners policy provides the coverage you need to meet requirements set forth by the state of Arkansas. Arkansas law requires that all personal watercraft and motorboats powered by engines of more than 50 horsepower must be covered by a liability insurance policy. A minimum of at least $50,000 of liability per occurrence is required, with a proof of insurance being carried on board the vessel at all times. Our boat owners policy will provide the coverage you need to meet these requirements


If you operate a boat for personal use in Arkansas, you likely need some insurance coverage in order to legally operate it. Learn what coverages we offer that can keep you driving safely.

Boats We Insure

We insure most non-commercial boats and watercraft. See a more complete list.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Learn some compliance rules as well as what discounts we offer our insureds.

Are you a boat owner looking for a policy that meets your needs? Contact a Farm Bureau Insurance agent.

Our Boat Owners insurance policy is a product of Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Arkansas, Inc.

Download the Mobile Agent App

Mobile Agent offers on-the-go convenience with 24/7 access to account information. Review your policies, report a claim, contact a local agent, or request emergency roadside assistance — all with a few taps of your screen.